- Install WooCommerce & Donation Platform for WooCommerce
- Set up your WooCommerce store (address, payment methods, etc.)
You can find detailed instructions and documentation for this on the WooCommerce site and numerous other blogs.
- Add a new product:
– Important: Specify a price (default donation amount) for the product. (Only products with a regular price can be sold. If the price is not within the minimum and maximum donation amount, it is not a problem, just no default donation amount is set).
– Make it virtual (optional)
– Important: Activate Donation Project. Only products marked as Donation Project can be used in donation forms
– navigate to the “Donation Form” tab
- You can use the Shortcode to insert the donation form anywhere you want
- You can enter a Fundraising Goal and an End Date.
Please note: These two settings have no influence on whether donations can be made to the project. You can manually pause/terminate a fundraising campaign at any time by setting the product to “out of stock”.
- Publish your product and check out the product page. You should see something like this:
- Congratulations! You have published your first donation form.
- Using the shortcode and the Gutenberg block, you can now add the donation form anywhere you want.
Donation Platform for WooCommerce turns WooCommerce into a donation system, parallel use as a normal store is not possible.
It is recommended to test the plugin in a staging environment first.
- Under the WooCommerce Settings → Donations tab, adjust the settings to your needs.
- Explore the different styles for the donation form and also the individual rows
- Add a variable product