Donation Platform for WooCommerce (from version 1.2.0) supports Express Donations with Apple Pay / Google Pay / PayPal. This functionality is currently only available on the product page and not when using the
In order to use Express Donations you have to install at least one of the following free plugins:
- WooCommerce PayPal Payments: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-paypal-payments/
- WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-stripe/
You have to activate the express buttons in the payment gateway settings.
Apple Pay & Google Pay (Stripe)
- First create a Stripe account & install the official Stripe Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
- Follow the Stripe instructions to set up the plugin (link account, webhooks etc.)
- Enable “Enable express checkouts” under WooCommerce Settings -> Payment -> Stripe – Credit Card. Make sure that under “Show express checkouts on” the “Product Page” option is checked.
- Click on “Customize appearance” and select “Donate” as the call to action
By the way, if the donor clicks on the Express Donation button before making a donation amount selection, the original product price is automatically used.